Koukyo Network Association Japan Athlete’s Club will resume its Athlec activities, which were temporarily suspended to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as follows. Our first “Special Observation Tour for Foreign Diplomats” in three years will be held on Friday, November 17, and is made possible with the special cooperation of the Japan Meteorological Agency. This will be a very valuable tour, and we hope that you will join us.
International cooperation is essential for meteorological services, as it is said that the atmosphere knows no borders, and we are very happy to have people from overseas understand our country’s meteorological services.
Furthermore, it is also important for foreign embassy staff living in natural disaster- prone Japan to be able to make use of information on weather and earthquakes.
We hope that the participants of this tour will enjoy learning about these matters.
This program will provide a rare opportunity to observe and experience first-hand how budo and traditional values are applied in Japanese culture today. Aikido is said to be the way of harmony – it is indeed true in terms of both mental and physical aspects. Please join this program and see for yourself!
◆ Date: Friday, November 17, 2023, 13:30-15:30
◆ Meeting place: Japan Meteorological Agency, 1st floor lobby (3-6-9 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo)
◆ Organizer: Koukyo Network Association
◆ Cooperation: Japan Meteorological Agency
◆ Participants: 25 persons (diplomatic corps)
◆ How to apply:
(1) Fill in the application form for Athelec 5 on our website Web
(2) Apply via e-mail, by attaching an application form
* The application form can be downloaded from the Athelec 5 announcement section of the Association website.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
◆ Deadline: Monday, November 13. Advance registration is required and will be closed when the maximum number of participants is reached.
(1) Application form * Be sure to include details of contact person who can communicate in Japanese.
(2) A scanned image of the embassy business card (both sides) of the participant
(3) Bank transfer payment receipt for participation fee (Please make sure to transfer the fee in the participant’s name in katakana)
◆ Bank transfer of participation fee (2,000 yen)
MUFG Bank, Yoyogi-Uehara Branch (137) Ordinary Account 0061785
Koukyo Network Association シャ）コウキョウネットワークキコウ
◆ Confirmation of participation
We will contact you by e-mail to confirm your participation.
* If we receive a cancellation notice by Monday, November 13, after registration (after transfer of fee), we will refund the participation fee at a later date. Please let us know your bank account details by e-mail.
If you cancel after Monday, November 13, we will not be able to refund the participation fee.
* If you are to have a proxy (embassy staff members only) attending on your behalf on the day of the event, please be sure to send us a scanned image of both sides of his or her business card by e-mail by the morning of the day before the event.
◆ Conference language: Japanese and English (consecutive interpretation available)
◆ If you have a car to chauffeur you to and from the Embassy, please let us know in advance.
* Please send inquiries any by e-mail (in Japanese).
Koukyo Network Association
Japan Athlete’s Club Secretariat
2-46-9 Uehara, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0064
TEL: 03-3466-8266 (sorry Japanese only)
FAX: 03-3466-8082 (English/Japanese)
E-mail: email@example.com (English/Japanese)
Bank deposit transfer account:
Mitsubishi-UFJ Bank, Yoyogi-uehara Branch (137) Ordinary deposit 0061785
社）公共ネットワーク機構 シャ）コウキョウネットワークキコウ 0061785
(Koukyo Network Association)