Special Observation and Experience Program for Foreign Diplomats
Tokyo Fire Department (TFD) Observation Tour
The Japan Athlete’s Club (‘Athelec’) was established by the Koukyo Network Association to
share information across the sporting world and promote international exchange and enhance
safety awareness through the medium of sports with foreign missions in Japan, governmental
agencies, the private sector, and foreign residents of Japan, and through these initiatives,
promote the welfare and wellbeing of members and encourage mutual friendship.
We are pleased to announce ‘Athelec 3: Tokyo Fire Department (TFD) Special Observation
Tour’ for foreign diplomats in Japan to be held on October 18, 2019 (Fri).
This tour has been made possible through the special permission of the TFD and will include a
courtesy visit to the TFD Fire Chief’s office, an inspection of the Command and Control Center,
and after being taken to the TFD Fire Academy, the tour will conclude with an observation of the
Fire Rescue Task Forces and the chance for participants to try on real chemical protective
clothing and try out some of the special equipment used by the Fire Rescue Forces. We very
much look forward to you joining us for this unique experience.
An Overview of the Koukyo Network Association
Date/Time:October 18(Fri),2019 / 13:00–16:40
Meeting Place: TFD Headquarters Building, 1F Lobby (1-3-5 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
Observation Tour Locations: TFD Headquarters and the TFD Fire Academy / 3rd Fire District
Headquarters Fire Rescue Task Forces
Dispersal Location: TFD Fire Academy (2-51-1 Nishihara, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo)
Sponsor: Koukyo Network Association/Japan Athlete’s Club
Cooperation: Tokyo Fire Department (TFD)
Participants: 30 (limited to foreign embassy officials based in Tokyo)
TFD-TOKYO FIRE DEPARTMENT HP
For an application,
Download Application Form:Word file
Please be sure to use your embassy-issued/official email address as your contact address.If you are unable to apply via the website, please send the application form data to the following email address:
Japan Athlete’s Club Secretariat
* Please type ‘1018TFD Tour’ in the subject line when contacting us via email.
* When application is confirmed, participants will be contacted in order applications are received via email. We will contact participants around October 16 with details of the day’s schedule (including meeting/dispersal location maps, a guide on what to wear, etc.). As you may be contacted by us directly in Japanese, please be sure to let us know of someone we can speak to in Japanese at your embassy, etc., in the application.
October 11 (Fri). Please note that applications will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis; we will not be able to accept applications once the participant limit is reached.
- Completed application form
*Please ensure you include the contact details of a person who can speak Japanese..
- Your embassy/foreign mission calling card (meishi) data (both sides) As entry procedures at the TFD Headquarters are quite strict, we require this information in advance for identification purposes. If a participant does not have an official calling card (for example, the spouse of a participant), please attach the calling card of the representative that will be accompanying the participant.
- Receipt of participation fee bank transfer (please transfer fee under the participant’s name in katakana). If a bank deposit is difficult, please contact us via email.
Bank deposit transfer account:
Mitsubishi-UFJ Bank, Yoyogi-uehara Branch (137) Ordinary deposit 0061785
社）公共ネットワーク機構 シャ）コウキョウネットワークキコウ 0061785
(Koukyo Network Association)
We will contact participants to confirm their participation in the order of confirmation.
* In the unfortunate event that there are no places on the tour left available, we will refund the participation fee (You may confirm the status of your application by contacting the Koukyo Network Association via phone (Japanese only) or email (Japanese/English))
* The participation fee will be refunded at a later date for cancellations received before October 11 (Friday). Please note that we will be unable to provide refunds for cancellations received after October 11.
* We are unable to accept participants on the day of the even who have not applied.
¥3,000 (to cover bus between venues)
Languages: Japanese/English (consecutive interpretation available)
* Please send inquiries via email.
* Please allow one day for any replies to inquiries received in English.
* Please note that participants who will not be picked up by embassy vehicles (with official plates) at the end of the event at the TFD Fire Academy can be taken to Yoyogi-uehara Station (Odakyu/Chiyoda lines).
Tokyo Fire Department (TFD) Headquarters Building, 1F Lobby
(1-3-5 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
|14:10||Travel by bus from the TFD HQ to the TFD Fire Academy (drinks will be handed out on board)
On bus: Greetings from the event organizers
・Mr. Yukihiko Inoue
・Mr. Masahito Kanetaka
・Guest speaker (pending)
|14:20||Video viewing: Introduction to the Tōkyō Metropolitan Police Department (Classroom)|
|15:45||3rd Fire District Headquarters Fire Rescue Task Forces
Tour ends : Concluding remarks
TFD Fire Academy (2-51-1 Nishihara, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo)
*Please note that schedule is liable to change due to exceptional circumstances.